You know smoking is bad for you. While it has many negative impacts on your health, it is especially hard on your dental health. If you’re looking for some added incentive to kick the habit for good, check out our infographic showing four ways that smoking hurts your oral health.
Ask Dr. Rick Barfield about some ideas to quit smoking at your next dental exam. Schedule it today by calling 1st in Smiles at 972-380-8105. In the meantime, try some of these tips:
- Get rid of ashtrays, cigarettes, and other items that make you think of smoking
- Consider joining a smoking cessation group
- Substitute oral substitutes such as sucking hard candy, chewing sugarless gum, or munching carrot or celery sticks
- Seek out friends and family who have successfully quit to provide support
- Ask friends and family who are smokers to not smoke around you