Our Plano, TX Dentist Has Special Training in Implants & Many Other Areas
Dr. Rick Barfield decided as a boy that he would be a dentist when he grew up. After his childhood dentist piqued his curiosity about working on teeth, Dr. Barfield was determined that he would have his own practice one day, where he could help people create better and healthier smiles. He was the first person in his family to become a dentist.
A native of Richardson, TX, Dr. Barfield went to J.J. Pearce High School and graduated from Southern Methodist University with a degree in psychology. Since receiving his DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree from the Texas A&M University College of Dentistry, he has been providing trusted dental care in the Plano, TX area for more than 30 years.
Dr. Barfield keeps his skills sharp with continuing education courses. His advanced training includes:
- Dental implants, including single-tooth implants, multiple-tooth implants, and implant-supported bridges
- Endodontics, including root canals
- Prosthodontics, including removable dentures, dental crowns, and fixed bridges
- Porcelain veneers and Lumineers
- Orthodontics, including Invisalign
- Dental anesthesia
Dr. Barfield is married to his high school sweetheart, and they have two children. When he’s not practicing dentistry at 1st In Smiles, he can be found participating in community events, fishing, hunting, or riding a motorcycle.